People have a belief system that could be harmful to their goals and to their happiness. You have inherited a belief system that is probably limiting the life you want to have. Many of the beliefs that people have are not created by their thoughts. Your beliefs were taught to you by your parents, teachers, religion and hard knock bull s**t. Your beliefs are part of societies ideas and there is a potential danger involved with that.
The real danger of following old tradition is that they remain unchanged for decades or even centuries. But the only constant in the universe is change. Things change, science changes, food supplies change, climate changes and so on…
Your belief system should be flexible and ready to change when you resonate with a certain truth. Allow your mind to process new ideas and if they pass your gate keeper’s rules you are ready for a new belief.
1. When you are young, your mind is open to new ideas. But parents usually seem to brainwash children out of independent thinking. If you question why. The response is because that’s the way things are.
2. Authority figures such as relatives, parents, teachers and clergy will usually steer you into a mold that fits into their old belief systems.
3. Social media has a way of following the current trend and push you into the same accepted behavior.
4. Often your own need to belong to a group of people or friends makes you accept a set of beliefs that they have.
5. Without knowledge about science, people will invent superstitious ideas to explain events.
6. The media (newspaper, news, advertising) will use emotional appeal to change your way of thinking.
7. Finally your own ego might prevent you from a belief that is good for you. The ego wants to control your thoughts and stay in control of your actions.
Excessive focus on rules can create inflexible beliefs on how life must evolve. Most of your beliefs are due to imitation or teaching and not by logical choice.
The duality of survival and death is based on absolute facts. For instance, if you put your hand in the fire it will burn you. On the other hand, you can cook your food and keep warm with fire.
Then there are relative truths that govern our religion, finances and happiness. These are not true for every person in the same way. Your thoughts create your world. Beware of how you believe relative truths.
Remember that your thoughts today will create your world of tomorrow. We actually become the person we think about.
If you realize that your world is shaped by how other people think, what can you do. Most people do nothing because that’s the easy choice. With this choice you remain the same and your dreams will also do nothing for you.
If you want the life of your dreams you must act on them and learn new beliefs. The road to happiness is full of correct choices.
Learn to monitor your life as if you are driving a car without a map. Ask yourself if you are moving toward your goals or away from them. Make a course change each time you are moving away from your goals.
Sometimes religion gets in the way. A belief in God must not get in the way of your happiness. Spirituality doesn’t belong to a church or religion.
You can be the spiritual person that defines your own identity. You notice how these choices are yours to take and not made for you to follow blindly.
Create your vision of happiness and follow the road to get there. When you have a road map it gets easier to follow the right choices. Create a vision for your future that will bring you joy and fulfillment.
Eventually you will find that you have a life with meaning. In your personal quest for happiness and living a fulfilled life you are becoming the person that your soul is waiting for.
Become extraordinary with an ability to change the world. In this process you will awaken to the life of your dreams.
I hope you are living your dreams. As always be well.
Erik has a BSc degree and is a retired professional photographer who is now a published Author of many books. His passion is understanding how life and the universe works. He is currently blogging about the science of the Big Bang and the science of cosmology. Erik is helping his tribe with questions about the universe. His goal is to help find a theory of everything (TOE). In order to do that, he is trying to prove light has mass and that the fabric of spacetime is a false theory. We are welcoming questions and answers that you might have about the universe.